Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
One of the biggest complaints so far is how the battery and volume indicators are on the bottom of the screen, meaning that your fingers are likely to cover it while using the phone. Also, I hope that the UI will have a more unified feel once it releases, but Microsoft is definitely on track to produce a winner. The question is why this isn't 6.5 and getting released later this year?
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
- The Storm got 137 votes or 51% of the 265 total votes
- Second place went to the iPhone at 29%
- The Pre got 19%
- The G1 lagged behind with only 11% of the votes
- And there were 17 votes or 6% of people voting for 'None of them'
Monday, March 23, 2009
- 270 points for Ease of Operation
- 240 points for the Operating System
- 210 points for Physical Design
- 180 points for Handset Features
- 100 points for Batter Aspects
- Apple with 778 points
- RIM with 703 points
- Samsung with 701 points
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
The big new features:
- Cut, Copy, and Paste for text and photos
- MMS for photos, vcards, and audio
- Landscape keyboard in all core apps
- Apps running in the background
- Push Gmail
- Video recording
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
The iPhone's camera is very simple and may only be 2MP, but it gets the job done well.
The G1 also has a very simple camera lacking configurable options, but it sports 3.2MP and autofocus. The catch is that the delays while taking a picture can be quite annoying. Waiting for the camera to focus is understandable, but a noticable delay of a few seconds between pressing the capture button and the camera taking the picture is unacceptable.
In terms of options, the Storm's camera wins hands down. It is 3.2MP, features an LED flash, autofocus, and a nice camera options menu to change everything from the resolution to white balance to applying an effect. I don't think that more options necessarily makes the best camera, but I would expect these features on all of these phones.
Post your comment and let everyone know which camera you think is best. I think that the iPhone is looking the best in this test, but that's just my opinion.
Also, don't forget to vote on which phone you would buy. Would you go for the iPhone, G1, Storm? Are you waiting for the Pre? Or do you prefer another device?
Keep it m0bile ;)