Thursday, February 19, 2009

And the Best Mobile Breakthrough Award goes to... SurePress?!?

Over in Barcelona, the Global Mobile Awards have come and gone, leaving some people like me quite surprised to say the least. The clickscreen on the Storm won the award for Best Mobile Breakthrough. 

According to dictionary.com, a breakthrough is defined as:
"any significant or sudden advance, development, achievement, or increase, as in scientific knowledge or diplomacy, that removes a barrier to progress"

According to the Global Mobile Awards, a breakthrough is defined as:


"RIM does it again, with a new twist to the touch screen. The SurePress screen incorporates touch with confirmation, taking interaction to a new level."

Didn't the definition talk about removing a barrier to progress? I don't remember the part about creating a newer, bigger barrier. Boy Genius Report comments how "We honestly struggled for a long time to think of a single application for the Storm that is better than any of the alternatives for other touchscreen handsets and we simply couldn’t do it" and how "The simple fact of the matter is the more time we spend with SurePress the more frustrated we get with it." So it's not just me who feels this way.

I know that some people can type fast on it and that some people love it. I am not one of those people and clearly, I am not alone. I'll stick with my 8900 ;)

-Zara

No comments: